The Musco Family Olive Co. is a small, growing, family-owned company. Our employees have one goal: to take the olive from the tree to your dinner table in the most efficient manner possible. We take pride in offering our employees challenging work, pride of accomplishment, and appreciation for a job well done. We are customer-driven, forward-focused, and definitely high-spirited. If you are up to the challenge, join our team of highly motivated individuals and committed professionals.
The Musco "Family"
Our employees are the "family" in the Musco Family Olive Co. We are committed to hiring the most talented, creative, intelligent, hard-working people we can attract. We encourage and celebrate diversity. We continuously train, develop, and invest in our employees. Taking care of family is what we are all about, and we ensure that our employees and their families are able to access the best health care available, save and invest for their futures, enjoy their leisure and family time, and have protection in the event of illness or tragedy. We ensure a safe, secure, clean, and pleasant working environment, and we nurture an environment where everyone's voice will be heard.
We are proud to offer the following employee benefits:
- Medical and dental insurance coverage
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death coverage
- Long term disability coverage
- Paid vacations, sick leave, and holidays
- 401K and Profit Sharing Plan
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Annual family picnic
- Business casual work environment
- Top priority to safety
Reporting to the Director of Finance, this individual will fill a key role within the accounting group. The position requires solid accounting knowledge and experience combined with strong analytical skills. The successful candidate will need to be knowledgeable, effective and experienced in the general accounting function, self-starting, energetic and able to take on new responsibilities and challenges.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recording monthly revenues, expenses, accruals and activity for company and subsidiaries.
- Perform monthly general ledger and bank reconciliations, record daily cash activity, prepare, review and analyze monthly financial statements.
- Assist in the month end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes, ensuring transactions are in accordance with GAAP and internal policies and procedures are followed and communicate exceptions to management.
- Work as part of a team in standardizing practices and procedures. Analyze and interpret statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, trends and other matters impacting the effectiveness of the operations.
- Prepare and generate actionable reports from financial data.
- Prepare compliance and regulatory filing and reporting on a timely basis.
- Track and reconcile fixed assets to general ledger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business and 3 to 7 years related experience
- MS Dynamics or experience in other ERP systems
- MS Office, Intermediate excel skills required
- QuickBooks experience a plus
- Demonstrated skills and experience in managing goals through collaboration and teamwork
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required
- Experienced and skilled in account analysis and reconciliations
SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS: Strong analytical and problem solving skills, deadline oriented, excellent work ethic, strong organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, team player, self-starter, energetic, focused and the ability to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Qualified applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department or email to email@example.com. We will accept an application through June 28, 2013 or until the position is filled.
Musco Family Olive Co. is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, creed, national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability and sexual orientation. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Date Posted: June 20, 2013
We are always looking for enthusiastic qualified individuals to join our family. If you wish to be considered for a position at Musco Family Olive Co., please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.