The Musco Family Olive Co. is a small, growing, family-owned company. Our employees have one goal: to take the olive from the tree to your dinner table in the most efficient manner possible. We take pride in offering our employees challenging work, pride of accomplishment, and appreciation for a job well done. We are customer-driven, forward-focused, and definitely high-spirited. If you are up to the challenge, join our team of highly motivated individuals and committed professionals.
The Musco "Family"
Our employees are the "family" in the Musco Family Olive Co. We are committed to hiring the most talented, creative, intelligent, hard-working people we can attract. We encourage and celebrate diversity. We continuously train, develop, and invest in our employees. Taking care of family is what we are all about, and we ensure that our employees and their families are able to access the best health care available, save and invest for their futures, enjoy their leisure and family time, and have protection in the event of illness or tragedy. We ensure a safe, secure, clean, and pleasant working environment, and we nurture an environment where everyone's voice will be heard.
We are proud to offer the following employee benefits:
- Medical and dental insurance coverage
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death coverage
- Long term disability coverage
- Paid vacations, sick leave, and holidays
- 401K and Profit Sharing Plan
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Annual family picnic
- Business casual work environment
- Top priority to safety
Musco Family Olive Co. is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, creed, national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability and sexual orientation. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Vice President of Marketing & Brand Management
The Vice President of Marketing & Brand Management is a new position created to lead and propel exciting growth in innovative new products, line extensions, and established products. This is an exciting key hire reporting directly to the CEO/President. The position will be an integral member of the Executive Team with responsibility for leading the overall success of the company’s product portfolio with customers and consumers.
Strategy, Product Development, Marketing, Vice-President, Trade, Sales, Planning, Forecasting
This position will develop Business Plans for the key elements of product mix, SKU rationalization, shelving objectives, distribution, pricing, trade promotion, advertising and merchandising, as well as forecasting, budgeting, and margin enhancement. Responsibilities will also include full product line P & L management.
A “Brand Champion”, responsible for leading the development and execution of all marketing and co-marketing plans, programs, and strategies (consumer, electronic media, trade, customer specific, public relations), developing consumer insights, and conducting competitive analysis. Leading by example, this position will deliver on our Brand Promise to offer a wide variety of innovative, convenient, “fun at your fingertips” new products. Position will lead innovation strategy, product development and line extension activities, oversee the launch of new products, manage marketing success, and drive new and value-added packaging initiatives.
Direct reports include the Trade Marketing and Category Management Group, and supervision of third party public relations, marketing, product development, and design agencies. Position will also design and staff a new Marketing & Brand Management Group. The position will interface with the Field Sales Group and jointly manage annual account planning and forecasting, assessment of new account opportunities, and contribute to major bid processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree. MBA is highly preferred.
- 10 years of progressively responsible and varied experience in CPG brand management, product development, product management, and/or other sales and marketing disciplines. Current exposure working with multiple levels within key retailers in dry grocery. Experience in other store locations and alternate channels a plus.
- Proven leadership ability to lead change, improve margin and revenue.
- Understanding of established and emerging marketing and brand building strategies, tactics, and tools
- Extensive budgeting, forecasting, and P & L experience
- Proficient computer and software skills, including all elements of Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be willing to reside within a reasonable regular commute to the Tracy, California facility location. Must be willing and able to travel approximately 10-20%, including international travel
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and drive performance improvement initiatives; exceptional problem solving and analytical skills with proven ability to turn findings into executable plans
- Exposure to and knowledge of food science fundamentals
- Exposure and knowledge of a wide array of food packaging alternatives and trends
- Ability to influence, develop, mentor, and empower individuals and teams to achieve objectives
- Superior written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence at all levels across the organization and the customer. Spanish language skills highly desired
- Expertise in category management, working with syndicated data in the CPG industry with ability to analyze markets to understand customer, consumer, and competitive trends
- Experience in multi-generation family companies a plus and able to work effectively with the scale and resources of a closely held company
Desired Personal Attributes and Characteristics:
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-motivated and ambitious, with strong business savvy and work ethic.
- Strategic thinker, results oriented, forward thinking
- Ability to lead in a team environment while rolling up sleeves to help
- High integrity, committed, “can-do” attitude, humility, nonhierarchical mentality, team spirited and fun, with continuous improvement mindset
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Musco Family Olive Co. is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, creed, national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability and sexual orientation. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Date Posted: June 20, 2014
The Project Engineer will be responsible for providing engineering technical support and design for Food Processing Equipment Installation projects. Responsible for ensuring projects are planned and executed within budgeted cost and completed on schedule. Also acts as a technical resource (Process, Mechanical, Electrical, etc.) while identifying/leading continuous improvement project work.
- Assist with conception, development and implementation of food processing equipment installation projects
- Assist with providing engineering support to production department in troubleshooting and resolving technical problems
- Proficient use of Auto-CAD drafting software
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in project engineering is a plus
- Must be proficient in MS Office, AutoCAD and other analytical and planning tool
- Possess strong analytic and statistic skills, and have the ability to work independently
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Excel and experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to function as a team player
Date Posted: June 20, 2014
Date Posted: July 18, 2014
Accounts Payable Specialist
Reporting to the Director of Finance, this is one of two positions comprising the accounts payable group (A/P).
- Codes such items as invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc. with correct account codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry in the financial system.
- Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email
- Ensure invoices are accurately matched to supporting documentation.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Prepares batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions in USD and Euros.
- Assists with monthly status reports, and monthly closings.
- Reconciles various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports.
- Performs other duties as required to support the Accounting Department.
- 4-6 years accounts payable or general accounting experience
- Experience processing payables in QuickBooks and other ERP systems is a plus
- Proficient in the use of Excel and Word
- 4 year accounting degree or relevant work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
- Ability to follow-up on pending issues
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to function as a team player
Please send resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com or fax 209-836-9241. Please no phone calls. Musco Family Olive Co. is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, creed, national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability and sexual orientation. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
We are always looking for enthusiastic qualified individuals to join our family. If you wish to be considered for a position at Musco Family Olive Co., please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.