1-6 oz. tuna steaks, fresh, or albacore tuna, canned, drained
2 sml red potatoes, cut in 1/2" wedges, cooked until tender but firm, rinsed with cool water
1/4 lb green beans, trimmed, cooked until tender but firm, rinsed with cool water
8 oz. butter lettuce, cut, washed, dried
1 lg tomato, cut into 8 wedges
1/4 cup Early California Olives
1 Tbsp parsley, fresh, minced
1 Tbsp capers, drained
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Combine all ingredients - Salt and pepper to taste.
To Prepare Salad:
1. Pre-heat grill to medium.
2. Brush the tuna with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Grill the fish, turning once, about 5 minutes per side. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl drizzle about one-quarter of the dressing over the cooked potatoes and green beans and gently toss to coat.
5. In a large bowl combine lettuce, tomatoes potatoes, green beans, olives, and capers.
6. Add remaining dressing and toss to coat.
7. Slice grilled tuna and place in center of salad. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
8. Scatter parsley over the top to garnish and serve.