Yield: Serves 6 to 8
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Bake Time: 60-70 minutes
2 jars - pasta sauce, 26 oz jars
1/2 tsp - ground fennel seed
2 x 6.5 oz cans - Early California Sliced California Ripe Olives
16 oz - ricotta cheese
1 cup - grated parmesan cheese
2 - large eggs
1 box - no boil lasagna noodles, “Barilla”
3 cups - shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat an oven to 375° F.
- Combine the pasta sauce, ground fennel and 2 1/2 cups of olives.
- Blend the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese and eggs.
- Evenly spread 1 cup of the sauce on the bottom In a 13 x 9 glass baking dish.
- Place 3 noodles over the sauce. Cover with 1/4 cup of the ricotta-parmesan mixture, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, then 1-1/2 cups of sauce.
- Place 3 more noodles down and cover with another 1/3 of the ricotta-parmesan mixture, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, then 1-1/2 cups of sauce.
- Place 3 more noodles down and cover with the last of the ricotta-parmesan mixture and 1 cup of sauce.
- Top with 3 more noodles and cover with the remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese and garnish with the remaining 1/2 cup of black olives.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 45 minutes. Remove foil and cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes longer or until it is lightly browned on top.
- Allow the lasagna cool at least 15 minutes before serving.