1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp garlic, chopped
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes, with juice
1 cup Early California Olives, coarsely chopped
2/3 cup tomato paste
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup Chianti wine (or other dry red wine)
3 Tbsp capers, drained
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
2 tsp sugar, granulated
1/2 tsp marjoram leaves, dried
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
2 lbs linguini, cooked al dente
1 tsp fresh herbs, for garnish
1. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over high heat.
2. Add garlic and red pepper and sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients, except for pasta. Bring to a simmer while continuing to stir for about 5-6 minutes.
4. Add pasta and toss to coat evenly.
5. Plate in pasta bowls garnished with fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese.