2-8 oz. swordfish, steaks, skinned
1 cup ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
1/2 cup whole olives
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
1 Tbsp fresh basil, minced
1 Tbsp fresh mint, minced
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Season swordfish with salt and pepper.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
3. Sear the swordfish on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and keep warm.
4. Lower heat, add 1 Tbsp. olive oil and garlic to hot pan. Cook until translucent, about 1 minute.
5. Add tomatoes, olives and herbs. Cook for just a minute, stirring occasionally.
6. To serve, place swordfish on plates; coat with tomato and olive sauce.
7. Garnish with minced fresh basil and mint.