California Transparency in Supply Chains Act Disclosures
Musco Family Olive Company wholeheartedly condemns the use of child labor, human trafficking, and slave labor. We believe that all companies have a responsibility and opportunity to positively impact these basic human rights issues. We also understand that these, and many other positive social programs currently underway in the agricultural industry, are a work in progress. These programs should not be viewed as book-end policies, left to gather dust on the shelf; instead, these are living programs that evolve as each company learns the intricacies of its own supply chain and management. Musco is proud to be third party SQF Ethical Sourcing certified and to do its part to advance worldwide human rights and environmental stewardship. Below are the disclosures required by the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2012:
- Musco engages in preliminary geography-based assessments of all suppliers to evaluate risks associated with human trafficking and slavery. This preliminary assessment is not conducted by a third party.
- It is central to our business that each and every vendor we engage in a relationship with, will comply with all laws regarding child and slave labor. Through the implementation of our Ethical Sourcing policy, we may require in writing a verification statement that certifies that our business partners are in compliance with these laws. We reserve the right to conduct unannounced inspections, either by us, or by third parties, to actively verify the certification statement in person.
- Through the implementation of its Ethical Sourcing policy, Musco may require its business partners to acknowledge in writing that they are in compliance with all applicable local and national laws.
- Musco reserves the right to terminate any vendor who does not comply with local or national laws, or who does not cooperate with audits. We will address each failure on a case by case basis and determine the appropriate action based on the severity of the non-compliance.
- Musco is developing a training program for its employees who have direct responsibility for supply chain management. This program covers human rights policies and the use of child labor and slavery in the production of all products in the supply chain.
If you would like to learn more about our Ethical Sourcing and Stewardship programs, please visit our other website pages, or contact us. We are proud to offer California black ripe and green olives that are backed by the most robust social and environmental program in the industry, and offer our customers third party verification to prove it! The vast majority of Musco Family olives are grown and processed in California.