3 lg heads romaine lettuce, washed, dried, and torn into bite-sized pieces
3/4 lb ripe tomatoes, seeded, cut in wedges
2 cups English cucumber, peeled, quartered
1 cup red bell pepper, 1/2" dice
1/2 cup whole Pearls or Early California Olives
1/4 cup red onion, 1/2" dice
1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp oregano, dried
3 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped (garnish)
Salt and pepper, to taste
To Prepare Dressing:
1. Whisk together in a small bowl the red wine vinegar and oregano.
2. Add olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste.
To Prepare Salad:
1. Toss together in a large bowl: lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red bell pepper, olives, red onion and feta with prepared salad dressing.
2. Divide equally among serving bowls.
3. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.