Ham, Olive and Cheese Quiche
|Prep Time: 45 min||Cook Time: 10 min|
|Servings: 6||Skill Level: easy|
Ham and Cheese Quiche is a staple of a traditional brunch menu. When you add Pearls Olives it is transformed into something special. This recipe is simple and delicious.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ cups Farmland Cubed Ham
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- Freshly ground black pepper, a few grinds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, or 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 8 large eggs
- ¾ cup half and half
- 1 ½ cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Pearls or Early California Black Ripe Olives, sliced length-wise
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a 9x13x2 pan with a sheet of baking parchment.
- In a large non-stick skillet, warm olive oil over medium heat.
- Add ham, onions, herbs and freshly ground pepper.
- Turn and sauté until onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, then add the half and half and whisk until blended.
- Stir in the cheeses and the olives. Add the slightly cooled cooked onions and ham mix, stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish, taking care to distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes until the center is set.
- Cool at least 10 minutes. Cut into squares to serve.
- May be served warm or at room temperature.