You have the right to request that we do not sell Personal Information that we have collected. If you exercise that right, please note that pursuant to the CCPA we may have to subsequently inform you that you need to opt-in if the sale of your Personal Information is required to complete a transaction you have initiated. If opting-in is required, we will provide you with the necessary instructions.
- If you would like to request that we do not sell your Personal Information pursuant to the requirements of the CCPA, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and describe your request or call 1-866-965-4837.
- If you use an authorized agent to submit your request to opt-out, we will request that the agent provide us with proof that he, she, or it has been authorized by you to act on your behalf. The CCPA requires you to provide the authorized agent written permission to exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If you opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information, we will wait at least 12 months before asking you if we may sell your Personal Information.
You have the right to opt-in to the sale of your Personal Information after you have opted out. If you would like to opt-in to the sale of your Personal Information pursuant to the requirements of the CCPA, email us at email@example.com and describe your request or call 1-866-965-4837.
In order to protect your information, we will confirm a requestor’s identity before responding to any request. If we are unable to identify you based on the information you provide with your request as compared with our records based on your previous interaction with us, we will let you know and may ask additional questions.
We will only send CCPA verification questions from firstname.lastname@example.org. Before sending a verification response, please double-check the email address. If you receive an email that appears to be from us but is not from our CCPA verification email address listed above, do not respond.
Any information we gather through this process will only be used for consumer verification, security procedures, or fraud-prevention. We will delete any verification information as soon as practical after processing your request.
You may designate an authorized agent to exercise your rights under the CCPA on your behalf.
Pursuant to the CCPA:
- Only a business entity or natural person registered with the California Secretary of State may act as an authorized agent.
- You must provide the authorized agent written permission to exercise your rights under the CCPA on your behalf.
- We may deny a request from an authorized agent on your behalf if the authorized agent does not submit proof that he, she, or it has been authorized by you to act on your behalf if we request such proof, as permitted by the CCPA.
- Even if you use an authorized agent to exercise your rights under the CCPA on your behalf, pursuant to the CCPA we may still require that you verify your own identity directly to us. This provision does not apply if you have provided with a power of attorney under California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465.
Additional California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our web site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to other parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject “Shine the Light Request.”