Combine two of your favorite dinners in one – burger night and taco night! These patties are stuffed with black olives, taco seasoning, onions, and shredded cheese, then served up with guacamole. Don’t forget a side of tortilla chips!
- 1½ lb (80-85% lean) ground beef
- 1 cup (3.5oz) shredded medium or sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup yellow onion, finely chopped (about ½ onion)
- ½ cup Pearls Sliced Black Ripe Olives
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning, homemade or store-bought
- For serving: 6 hamburger buns, guacamole, tomatoes, and lettuce
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, shredded cheese, onion, olives, and taco seasoning, using your hands to mix well. Form into 6-ounce thin patties that are at least 5 inches wide (they’ll shrink up into thick patties as they cook!).
- Preheat grill to medium heat then cook the patties for 4-5 minutes per side, until the center reaches your desired temperature (135 for medium-rare). Let rest 2-3 minutes then build your burger: bun, lettuce, patty, guacamole, tomatoes, bun (ketchup optional!).