Spaghetti & Kale with Kalamata Cream Sauce
|Prep Time: 15 min||Cook Time: 25 min|
|Servings: 6||Skill Level: easy|
Easily cook kale by draining pasta over top! Toss in a creamy feta and kalamata sauce for an easy flavorful dinner the whole family will love!
- 5 ounces lacinato kale, ripped off the stem and shredded
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- ¾ cup Pearls Kalamata Olives, quartered lengthwise
- Crushed red pepper flakes, for serving
- Black pepper, for serving
- Place the kale in colander in the sink. Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions. Reserve ½ cup pasta water, then drain the spaghetti over the kale to wilt it.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring, until they begin to soften, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and dried thyme and cook, stirring, for an additional minute.
- To the skillet, add the heavy cream, feta, olives, and cook, stirring, until thoroughly heated and creamy, 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add the drained pasta, kale, and ¼ cup of the reserved pasta water. Toss to coat, adding more pasta water as needed to loosen the sauce.
- Serve immediately topped with crushed red pepper and black pepper.