Vegan Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters
|Prep Time: 25 min||Cook Time: 30 min|
|Servings: 4||Skill Level: medium|
Crispy zucchini fritters packed with veggies and protein! Made in an air fryer, these vegan fritters shine in both flavor and texture.
- 1lb zucchini, grated (2-3 medium)
- ¾ cup frozen sweet corn, defrosted
- ¾ cup Pearls Sliced Black Ripe Olives
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1¼ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Canola oil spray
- For serving: vegan sour cream or yogurt
- In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with ¼ teaspoon kosher salt and let sit for 15-20 minutes to draw the moisture out. With a cheese cloth or clean dish towel, squeeze as much liquid out of the zucchini as you can. Transfer the zucchini to a clean dry mixing bowl.
- Add the corn, olives, chickpea flour, scallions, garlic, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix well with a rubber spatula to combine. The mixture should be a bit moist from the chickpea flour combining with the vegetables and should hold together when pinched.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon size balls of the mixture and press together with your hands to make small patties. Transfer to a baking sheet and repeat with remaining zucchini mixture.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°. Once heated, use a thin metal spatula to carefully transfer the fritters to the air fryer tray so the fritters aren’t overlapping or touching. You’ll need to cook them in 2-3 batches depending on the size of your air fryer. Spray the fritters with canola oil spray and cook for 12-14 minutes, flipping halfway through and spraying again with canola oil. Repeat with remaining fritters.
- Serve warm with vegan sour cream or yogurt.