Chef Joe’s Pasta Salad
|Prep Time: 15 min||Cook Time: 10 min|
|Servings: 6||Skill Level: easy|
There is something nostalgic and quintessential about a delicious, simple PASTA SALAD. crispy prosciutto • roasted & fresh tomato • crunchy cucumber • salty pecorino • & buttery Pearls olives
Recipe and image attributed by Chef Joe Sasto
- 1 pound pasta (such as fusilli or penne)
- 1 can of black ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 1 jar of roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup of grated pecorino cheese
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup of roasted tomatoes, chopped
- 4 slices of crispy prosciutto, crumbled
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Transfer the pasta to a large bowl.
- Add the drained and sliced black ripe olives, chopped roasted red peppers, chopped parsley, grated pecorino cheese, halved cherry tomatoes, chopped roasted tomatoes, and diced cucumber to the bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the pasta salad and toss well to combine.
- Serve the pasta salad in bowls or plates and sprinkle the crumbled crispy prosciutto over the top.
- Enjoy your delicious pasta salad with pearls black ripe olives, roasted red peppers, parsley, pecorino, cherry tomatoes, roasted tomatoes, crispy prosciutto, and cucumbers!