Slow Cooker Green Chicken Chili
|Prep Time: 10 min||Cook Time: 240 min|
|Servings: 8||Skill Level: easy|
Comforting bowl of green chicken chili made in a slow cooker. This easy-to-make weeknight dinner is loaded with shredded chicken, potatoes, and plenty of jalapeno-stuffed olives. Top with tortilla chips, avocado, and sour cream!
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1½lbs Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 jar Pearls Specialties Jalapeno Stuffed Queen Olives
- 12 ounce jar salsa verde
- 2 4-ounce cans diced green chiles, mild
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 15-ounce cans white beans, such as great northern or cannellini, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup sour cream, plus more for serving
- Juice of 1 lime
- Tortilla chips
- Chopped avocado
- Sliced Pearls Specialties Jalapeno Stuffed Queen Olives
- Thinly sliced green Onions
- Place onion, garlic, cumin, and garlic powder into the low cooker. Nestle the chicken on top. Layer the potatoes and olives over the chicken.
- Pour the salsa verde, green chiles, and chicken brother over top.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours, until the potatoes are cooked through. Remove the chicken to shred and stir in the beans. Add the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker and stir in ¼ cup sour cream and juice of a lime.
- Serve topped with more sour cream, tortilla chips, avocado, sliced olives, and green onions.