Creamy Instant Pot White Beans & Olives
|Prep Time: 15 min||Cook Time: 30 min|
|Servings: 6||Skill Level: easy|
This cozy vegetarian meal can be yours in just 45 minutes plus an overnight soak for the beans. Serve bowls with a side of crusty bread or baguette for mopping up the flavorful, creamy broth.
- 12 ounces dried cannellini beans, soaked in cool water 8 hours or overnight
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium carrot, scrubbed and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can Pearls Simply Green Olives, drained
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 loaf crusty bread or baguette
- Heat the oil in an Instant Pot set to the sauté function. When it shimmers, add the onion, garlic, carrot, and celery. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened and fragrant, 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and to the pot, add the broth, soaked and drained beans, paprika, bay leaves, thyme, crushed tomatoes and their juice, and the olives. Stir, then put the tomato paste on top and don’t stir again.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and cook at high pressure for 14 minutes with natural pressure release.
- Remove the lid and test the beans for doneness. If they need more time, sauté on high for another few minutes until tender.
- Stir in the cream and add more salt if you feel the beans need it.
- Ladle into bowls and top with feta, parsley, and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with crusty bread for mopping up the broth.