Blue Cheese Olive Cobb Salad
|Prep Time: 0 min||Cook Time: 20 min|
|Servings: 3||Skill Level: easy|
Classic cobb salad gets an upgrade from briny blue cheese stuffed olives. Arrange the components on a platter and drizzle with shallot mustard dressing for a stunning lunch or casual dinner with friends.
- 2 Tablespoons diced shallot
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea or kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons mild extra-virgin olive oil (or a blend of olive oil and sunflower oil)
- 1 head romaine lettuce or 2 romaine hearts, torn into bite-sized pieces or coarsely chopped
- 1 jar Pearls Specialties Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives, sliced
- 4 large eggs, hard boiled, peeled, and sliced
- 8 ounces thick-cut bacon (about 6 strips), cooked and crumbled
- 1-2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, stemmed and halved
- 1 large or 2 small avocados, firm-ripe, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Flaky salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- To make the dressing, whisk together the shallot, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Whisking constantly, gradually pour in the oil.
- To make the salad, wash and dry the lettuce and tear it into bite-sized pieces. Toss lightly with some of the dressing and arrange on a large platter or salad bowl.
- Top the dressed lettuce with the olives, eggs, bacon, chicken, tomatoes, and avocados. Drizzle with more of the dressing and sprinkle with chives and more pepper. Serve right away.