Garlic Prosciutto Pizza with Kalamatas
|Prep Time: 10 min||Cook Time: 16 min|
|Servings: 2||Skill Level: easy|
With a garlic olive oil sauce, this quick weeknight white pizza is bursting with flavor. Peppery arugula adds a bright freshness paired with two kinds of cheese, prosciutto, and kalamata olives. A drizzle of balsamic adds acidity to balance out all the flavors.
- 1 12 to 14-inch pre-made pizza crust or dough
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2/3 cup grated low-moisture mozzarella
- 1/3 cup ricotta, drained if needed
- 2oz prosciutto
- ½ cup Pearls Kalamata Olives, halved
- 1 cups arugula
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Heat the oven to 500°F. If you have a pizza stone, keep it in the oven while it preheats. Otherwise, preheat a large baking sheet.
- If using dough, stretch or roll the dough on a floured piece of parchment paper to a 12-inch round. Par-bake the crust for 6 minutes, until just set. If using a pre-made crust, no need to par-bake.
- Brush the crust with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic. Top with mozzarella and dollop ricotta over the top. Top with prosciutto and kalamata olives.
- Slide into the oven on the pre-baked pizza stone or baking sheet, and bake for 6-8 more minutes, until the crust is lightly browned and crisp.
- Meanwhile toss the arugula in lemon juice. To serve, top pizza with arugula and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately with red pepper flakes on the side.