Kalamata Crostini with Ricotta, Honey, and Thyme
|Prep Time: 10 min||Cook Time: 5 min|
|Servings: 12||Skill Level: easy|
These crostini’s are easy and quick to prepare. Great to serve as an appetizer or small plate. They are light, crunchy, zesty, and sweet without the guilt.
- 1/2 baguette, sliced diagonally scant 1/2-inch thick
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup good quality whole milk ricotta (such as Bellwether Basket Dipped)
- 1 small lemon
- 1/2 cup Pearls Sliced Kalamata Olives
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (lemon thyme, if possible)
- 1-2 tablespoons mild honey
- Flaky salt and cracked black pepper, for sprinkling
- Brush the baguette slices on one side with a thin coat of olive oil.
- Spread the baguette slices on a small baking sheet and toast in an oven or toaster oven at 400°F until golden and crisp, 5-10 minutes.
- Let cool enough to handle.
- Spread the ricotta over the crostini, then use a microplane grater to grate lemon zest over the ricotta.
- Top each crostino with 2 or 3 olives.
- Sprinkle the crostini with the thyme leaves, salt, pepper, and drizzle with the honey. Serve right away.