Greek Alfredo Lasagna Rolls
|Prep Time: 35 min||Cook Time: 25 min|
|Servings: 6||Skill Level: medium|
A twist on the classic lasagna, this Greek Alfredo Lasagna Rolls is an easy, delicious, and full of flavor meal that your whole family will love.
Recipe and image attributed by Miriam E
- 6 sheets lasagna pasta cooked al dente
- 1 cup Pearls Kalamata Oliveschopped
- ¾ cup tomatoes fresh, diced
- ¾ cup roasted red bell pepperfrom jar, diced
- 1 cup marinated artichoke heartschopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅔ cup ricotta cheese full fat
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. olive oil to sauté the onion and spinach
- 2 2 handful baby spinach fresh, sautéed with onions
- ½ c. ½ cup red onion thinly sliced, sautéed with spinach
Greek Alfredo Sauce
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter
- 4-6 cloves garlic minced
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp. black pepper or less to taste
- 1 tsp. oregano dry
- ½ tsp. basil dry
- ½ tsp. chili flakes
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 ½ cup pasta water preserved from cooking the pasta
- ⅓ 1. 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese to top the lasagna
- Pearls Kalamata Olives to add around the lasagna rolls
- quartered marinated artichoke hearts to add around the lasagna rolls
- diced roasted red bell peppers to add around the lasagna rolls
- sliced red onions to add around the lasagna rolls
- sautéed spinach leaves optional
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Save 1½ cups of the pasta water.
Prepare the Filling
- Sauté the spinach and onion with olive oil and transfer to a large bowl.
- In the same bowl, add in the rest of the stuffing ingredients. Mix and set aside.
Prepare the Sauce
- In a skillet, melt the butter and add in the garlic. Sauté for a few seconds until fragrant. Add in the spices. Mix and sauté for a few more seconds.
- Add in the flour and mix well until you obtain a nice smooth paste.
- Add the water and heavy cream while whisking continuously to prevent any lumps. Simmer on low for a few minutes until the sauce thickens up.
Assemble The Lasagna Rolls
- Place a sheet of the cooked lasagna on a cutting board and add a heaping spoon of the filling. Spread evenly onto the roll and roll the lasagna sheet. Set aside. Repeat for the rest of the rolls.
- In a baking dish, add half of the Greek alfredo sauce at the bottom of the dish.
- Place the rolls into the baking dish and pour the rest of the alfredo sauce on top of the rolls.
- Top rolls with some shredded mozzarella cheese, add the rest of the topping ingredients around the rolls and bake at 400 F for 20-25 minutes until the cheese becomes a little golden brown in color.
- Remove from oven and serve while warm.
You can sneak more veggies in if you like, just be wary that this can up the water content, you don’t want to end up with a soupy lasagna.
After removing from the oven, allow the Greek lasagna to sit for a few minutes before cutting into it. This stops your layers from sliding apart.
The final layer of pasta needs to be totally covered in cheese to prevent the noodles from becoming too brittle and dry.
Add shredded rotisserie chicken to the filling for extra protein.
If you want something lighter than ricotta cheese, try using cottage cheese. While ricotta cheese is more traditional in a lasagna, cottage cheese is lower in fat and calories.