Spicy Tomato One-Pan Pasta
|Prep Time: 20 min||Cook Time: 10 min|
|Servings: 6||Skill Level: easy|
This is a go-to recipe anytime you’re craving comfort food. It’s a scrumptious skillet meal that’s made for busy weeknights.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- ½ large yellow onion, peeled and finely diced
- 4 large cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 12 ounces dry linguine
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano, plus more for serving
- 1½ teaspoons fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Pearls Specialties Pitted Kalamata Olives
- 1 cup Pearls Specialties Garlic-Stuffed Olives
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2½ cups water
- Freshly grated parmesan, for serving
- Place a wide pan or skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, onion, and garlic and cook until fragrant and golden, 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat.
- Add the pasta, pepper flakes, oregano sprigs, salt, pepper, Kalamata olives, garlic-stuffed olives, tomatoes and their liquid, and water to the pot. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally to prevent the pasta from sticking. Cover and cook at a low simmer, stirring occasionally, 12-14 minutes until pasta is tender and liquid has thickened to a sauce, stirring every couple of minutes to prevent sticking to the bottom of the pan. Cover and let sit 2 minutes.
- Give it another stir, and serve the pasta topped with a pinch of oregano leaves, a drizzle of olive oil, and a good grating of parmesan.