Greek Chicken Chopped Salad
|Prep Time: 20 min||Cook Time: 20 min|
|Servings: 6||Skill Level: easy|
Refreshing Greek chicken chopped salad. Use the entire jar of olives with these olive brine-marinated chicken thighs and olive brine vinaigrette!
- 1 jar Pearls Greek Medley Olives, including brine, divided
- 2lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive brine from above
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Drain the olives through a strainer into a large bowl. Remove two tablespoons and set aside for the dressing. Add the chicken thighs and dried oregano, tossing to combine. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 1-8 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. Add all the ingredients to a jar and whisk until well combined. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan then, working in batches, cook 2-3 chicken thighs at a time, until cooked through, 5-8 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and repeat with remaining chicken thighs. Let rest for 5 minutes, then slice lengthwise.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the romaine with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Layer with chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, and feta. Drizzle with remaining dressing and serve.