Jack-O’-Lantern Stuffed Bell Peppers
|Prep Time: 15 min||Cook Time: 40 min|
|Servings: 4||Skill Level: medium|
Bell peppers carved into jack-o’-lanterns and stuffed with chicken, rice, sun-dried tomatoes, cheese, tomato sauce, spices and Pearls Specialties Pitted Greek Olives to make this dish sing. It’s a festive fall dinner experience that the whole family will love.
Recipe and image attributed by Fetty’s Food Blog
- 1 cup chopped Pearls Specialties Pitted Medley Greek Olives
- 4 large orange bell peppers
- 11⁄2 cups shredded chicken
- 11⁄2 cups cooked white long-grain rice
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 11⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut off the stem ends of the bell peppers and remove the seeds. Set aside the stem ends.
- Using a sharp knife, cut out a jack-o’-lantern face on each of the bell peppers.
- Place onto the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine shredded chicken, rice, sun dried tomatoes, 1 cup mozzarella, parmesan, tomato sauce, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and the real star of the show, Pearls Specialties Pitted Greek Olives.
- Stuff the peppers with the chicken and rice mixture and assemble into a baking dish. Top with remaining mozzarella.
- Place back onto the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Place the stems back on top and serve.