Indulge your tastebuds with these grilled steak and blue cheese-stuffed olive skewers, served as a salad with a delectable chive vinaigrette on the side.
- Equipment: 4-6 bamboo (or steel) skewers
- 1 pound beef fillet, cut in two inch cubes
- 1 cup Pearls Blue Cheese Stuffed Queen Olives
- 1 head red butter lettuce, washed, dried and separated
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Whisk dressing and set aside in a bowl or jar.
- Prepare the salad greens in a large low sided bowl or platter.
- Thread beef and olives onto skewers.
- Salt and place on medium high grill.
- Turn after about 3 minutes and grill marks are apparent. Turn until all sides are grilled. For desired doneness check using an instant read thermometer. (Medium rare is 145°F degrees.)
- When done grilling, rest the skewers for two minutes on the salad greens, then slide meat and olives off the skewers.
- Top with onions and blue cheese and serve with dressing on the side.