Need an easy-to-make party dip with layers and layers of fun and flavor? Try our South of the Border 7-Layer Dip.
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 packet chili seasoning mix
- 1 cup Pearls or Early California Sliced Black Ripe Olives
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 16-oz can (about 4 cups) refried beans
- 4 cups (about 1 lb.) shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- 16 oz sour cream
- 2 cup guacamole
- 2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet; when done, drain the oil. Add the chili seasoning, half of the olives, and all of the water. Stir well and cook until the water is absorbed. Set aside.
- Heat the refried beans, then spread them on to the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch glass pan. Sprinkle the beef over the beans, followed by 2 cups of cheese. Carefully spread the sour cream over the cheese and top with guacamole. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the guacamole.
- In a small bowl mix together the salsa and the tomatoes. Spread the tomato mixture over the cheese, then garnish with green onions and the remaining sliced olives.