Black Olives Bruschetta
|Prep Time: 10 min||Cook Time: 15 min|
|Servings: 12||Skill Level: easy|
Bruschetta is an easy-prep appetizer that everyone loves. It’s also a nice weeknight accompaniment to a hearty bowl of soup or winter salad.
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 2 cans Pearls or Early California Chopped Black Ripe Olives
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 Tbsp olive oil for brushing, in a small bowl
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, minced (optional)
- 1 tub cream cheese
- 1 jar sliced roasted red peppers, drained
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil. Arrange on the baking sheet and bake until golden and crispy (6-10 minutes).
- While the bread is crisping, combine the oil, garlic, onion and chopped olives in a large sauté pan. Cook over medium heat until fragrant and soft. Stir in the balsamic vinegar, simmer a few more minutes. Stir in the pine nuts. Set aside.
- Remove bread from the oven, and let cool until easy to handle. Spread a layer of cream cheese on each slice, and then spoon olive mixture on top. Top with minced basil and a few pepper strips.