Caprese Focaccia Sandwiches
|Prep Time: 0 min||Cook Time: 10 min|
|Servings: 4||Skill Level: easy|
This Caprese sandwich takes a twist by adding stuffed olives. The sandwich is ideal for an everyday lunch or picnic.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3-4 tablespoons finely chopped basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 6-inch square of focaccia, halved horizontally
- 1 large ball fresh mozzarella, sliced ¼-inch thick
- ¾ cup Pearls Specialties Garlic-Stuffed Olives, sliced crosswise ¼-inch thick
- 2 roasted red peppers from a jar, drained and thinly sliced
- A small handful whole basil leaves
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle the tomato slices with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Spread some of the basil mayonnaise over the cut side of each piece of focaccia and top one piece with the tomatoes, mozzarella, olives, peppers, basil, and the second piece of focaccia. Cut into 4 pieces and serve.