Caprese Olive Tart
|Prep Time: 25 min||Cook Time: 20 min|
|Servings: 4||Skill Level: medium|
This easy caprese tomato & olive tart uses prepared puff pastry to make a deliciously cheesy tart topped with mozzarella, tomatoes, olives, and basil. The perfect way to celebrate summer!
- 14oz store-bought puff pastry, defrosted
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, larger ones halved and smaller kept whole
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 10-12 leaves of fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 7 ounces dry mozzarella, shredded (2 cups)
- 3½ ounces Pearls Specialties Garlic Stuffed Queen Olives
- 3½ ounces Pearls Specialties Sliced Kalamata Greek Olives
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Dust a work surface with flour.
- Place the unfolded or unrolled puff pastry on the floured surface, dust with more flour, and use a rolling pin to smooth it out.
- Trim into a large rectangle (the dimensions will depend on your puff pastry). Use a pairing knife to score along each edge, creating a 3/4-inch border for the crust (put a cut just in the top layer of the puff pastry, but not piercing all the way through).
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Toss cherry tomatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle the puff pastry with grated mozzarella, leaving the scored border empty.
- Top cheese with basil leaves, cherry tomatoes and olives.
- Crumble feta over the top.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Brush the exposed edge of the puff pastry with egg wash.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until crust is golden brown and flakey.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze, sprinkle with oregano, slice, and serve warm.