Caramelized Pearls Olive Spread on Grilled Cheese
|Prep Time: 10 min||Cook Time: 20 min|
|Servings: 4||Skill Level: easy|
The ultimate Grilled Cheese condiment that makes a good thing even better.
- 1 can Pearls Simply Olives Green Ripe
- 1 can Pearls Pitted Ripe Black Olives
- 1ea white onion
- 1ea green apple
- 2tb olive oil
- 4tb butter
- 2tb mayonnaise
- Blend of cheeses – I prefer sharp cheddar and mozzarella to
- complement the olives
- Black pepper & Salt to taste
- Thinly slice an onion while gently heating butter and olive oil.
- Begin caramelizing the onion over medium heat until soft and browned.
- Add the sliced apple and toss to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and continue to cook until the apples are softened.
- Add the finely chopped olives and sauté for 2-3 more minutes to marry.
- Allow the mixture to cool, and fold in the mayonnaise.
- Spread onto bread with your choice of cheese and fry in butter, or dip with crudite to enjoy.