Tacos in salad form loaded with spiced meat, crunchy lettuce, sweet corn, creamy beans, briny olives, and a kicky dressing. Serve with a side of chips if you like!
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce such as Cholula
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 8 ounces penne or other dried pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels (defrosted if frozen)
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup Pearls Large Ripe Black Olives, sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 2 large avocados, firm-ripe, pitted and cubed
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, lime juice, hot sauce, and salt.
- Bring a medium pot of well-salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta as per the package instructions. Drain, rinse with cool water, and drain again.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking up with a wooden spoon, 5-10 minutes. Add taco seasoning and 1 tablespoon water and cook, stirring often, until fully combined. Remove from the heat and let cool completely. You can speed this up by placing it in the fridge.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, cooked ground beef, beans, corn, lettuce, and olives. Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture and toss gently to combine. Chill until ready to serve, up to a day in advance. When ready to serve, gently toss in the tomatoes, avocado, and cheese.