|Prep Time: 10 min||Cook Time: 30 min|
|Servings: 4||Skill Level: medium|
Our show-stopping Enchilada Stacks will quickly become one of your family’s new favorite entrees.
- 2 19-oz cans red enchilada sauce
- 4 cups pre-cooked, shredded chicken (leftover boned, rotisserie or even fried chicken will do nicely)
- 2 cups Pearls or Early California Sliced Black Ripe Olives
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cups finely shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Heat the enchilada sauce in a large frying pan. Reserve half of the warm sauce. Combine the rest with the shredded chicken and 1 1/2 cups of the olives,. Set the chicken aside and keep warm.
- In medium frying pan, heat about 1-inch of olive oil over medium heat. Using a pair of tongs, dip a tortilla into the hot oil for 10 to 15 seconds, then quickly dip the tortilla in the remaining enchilada sauce. Immediately place on a plate. Repeat for all of the tortillas.
- Place one of the dipped tortillas on an oven-safe serving plate and top it with about a half a cup of the chicken mixture and 1/4 cup of cheese. Repeat with another tortilla. Place one last tortilla on top and cover with 1/4 cup of the cheese blend. Repeat until you’ve made four enchilada stacks.
- Bake the stacks for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted, but not browned.
- While the enchiladas are in the oven, prepare four eggs sunny-side up. When the enchilada stacks come out of the oven, drizzle each stack with enchilada sauce and top with a fried egg. Sprinkle some of the remaining sliced black olives over the eggs. Serve immediately. Pair with a green salad topped with sliced olives and a scoop of guacamole.