Pizza Candy Cane Crescent
|Prep Time: 15 min
|Cook Time: 30 min
|Skill Level: easy
This whimsical holiday appetizer will impress party guests of all ages!
- 1 (8-ounce) tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- ½ cup premade pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2-3 ounces pepperoni
- ½ cup Pearls Sliced California Black Ripe Olives
- Extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 3 tablespoons dried parmesan
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large rimless baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Carefully unroll the crescent rolls and place them on a lightly floured surface. Cut each triangle in half lengthwise to create 16 total triangles.
- Arrange the crescent rolls on the prepared baking sheet with the point pointing toward the edge of the baking sheet, and the wide edge of each triangle overlapping slightly, curving the last 1/3 of the triangles into the shape of a candy cane. Gently press the wide edges together to seal.
- Spread the sauce over the inside wide edge of the triangles. Top with the mozzarella, pepperoni, and olives.
- Fold over the tips of the triangles to form the stripes of the candy cane, pressing the tip down to seal.
- Place in the oven and bake until the dough is golden brown, 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the candy cane from the oven and slide it onto a large platter or serving board. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle the stripes with the parmesan, and decorate with basil leaves.
- Cut into slices and serve warm or at room temperature.