Creamy Olive Gnocchi
|Prep Time: 10 min||Cook Time: 20 min|
|Servings: 2||Skill Level: easy|
This cozy dish brimming with the bright flavors of lemon and olives will make you feel like you’re dining at a fancy restaurant.
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- 12 ounces gnocchi
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup packed finely grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Finely grated zest from 1 medium-sized lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, strained
- 1 cup Pearls Simply Olives Green Ripe Pitted Olives
- 1-2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives or other soft herbs, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, place the heavy cream in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook until slightly reduced, swirling the pan occasionally, 3-5 minutes, taking care not to let it boil over.
- Stir in the parmesan, lemon zest, lemon juice, and a big pinch of salt. Stir until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat.
- Add the gnocchi to the boiling water and cook according to the package instructions. Drain well and add the gnocchi to the cream, gently folding to coat with sauce. Return to a simmer and cook for 1-2 minutes to further thicken the sauce, then fold in the olives and chives. Season to taste with pepper and more salt if needed.
- Spoon into bowls and serve immediately topped with extra parmesan.