Edible Charcuterie Board
|Prep Time: 20 min||Cook Time: 15 min|
|Servings: 4||Skill Level: medium|
The next time you’re entertaining, here is a fun way to change up your everyday charcuterie board. Using home-made or store-bought pizza dough, create little “bowls” that can be used to nestle all your favorite accoutrements, cheese, and salami.
Recipe and image attributed by Chef Joe Sasto
- Your choice of cheese and charcuterie meats
- Your choice of Pearls canned ripe olives or Specialties jar olives
Homemade Dough: (or store bought pizza dough)
- 100% Flour (75% Bread Flour / 25% Durum)
- 66% Water
- 2.1% Salt
- 1% sugar
- 1% malt powder (optional)
- 3% olive oil
- 1% instant yeast
- Mix, fold, proof overnight, shape, proof, and bake 425F until golden.
- **A tip for how much dough to put into any particular pan – take the area in inches (LxW) and multiply that number by 5. That is how many grams of dough you need for that size pan.
- Grease sheet pan, pour in your favorite olives, cherry tomatoes and herbs along with foil containers to make “little bowls” for the cheese and meats.
- Lay over your rolled out home made or store bought pizza dough, stretch to the pan edges and shaped around the foil containers.
- Oil the top with olive oil and then bake at 425F for 15 -20 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool and then turn out into another sheet pan and slide onto a charcuterie board.
- Fill the holes in with your favorite charcuterie, cheese and of course more olives.
- Garnish to serve and eat by pulling chunks off the board and loading with meat, cheese and olives.