Halibut with Olive Vinaigrette
|Prep Time: 25 min||Cook Time: 30 min|
|Servings: 4||Skill Level: medium|
Take a trip to the Mediterranean with these delicious flavors! A savory Kalamata tomato vinaigrette topped pan-seared Halibut, bringing the Mediterranean to you.
- 1 pound halibut, cut into 4 portions
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Black pepper, freshly ground, as needed
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup Pearls Specialties Sliced Kalamata Greek Olives
- 2 tablespoons Kalamata olive juice, from jar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon oregano, fresh
- 4 leaves fresh basil, chiffonade
- Chili flakes, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oven proof saute pan to medium high, then add one tablespoon oil to coat. Lay fish in pan and brown on one side for about 3-4 minutes.
- Place fish into preheated oven and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Fish should reach an internal temperature of 145°F.
- While fish is in oven make vinaigrette. Cover sundried tomato with hot water and allow to sit for 10 minutes to soften.
- In a small bowl, mix Pearls Specialties Sliced Kalamata Greek Olives, olive juice, lemon, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes until well combined. Once sundried tomatoes have softened, drain and discard liquid and add to the bowl with the olives. Adjust flavor with salt, pepper and chili. Set aside.
- Place fish on plate and spoon olive vinaigrette on top.