Italian Chopped Salad
|Prep Time: 0 min||Cook Time: 20 min|
|Servings: 4||Skill Level: easy|
This refreshing chopped salad is packed with Italian flavors and an easy homemade Italian dressing. Filling enough to stand on its own as a main dish! Or serve it as a side for your favorite protein.
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons Italian seasoning (or ½ teaspoon each dried basil, oregano, and parsley)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, grated or pressed
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 heart romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1 cup mozzarella pearls
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- 3/4 cup Pearls large ripe black olives, sliced
- ¼ red onion, halved and very thinly sliced
- ½ cup pepperoni, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup sliced pepperoncinis
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- For serving: red pepper flakes, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until combined.
- In a large salad bowl, toss all of the salad ingredients together. Drizzle half of the dressing and toss to combine. Taste and add more dressing as desired. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with red pepper flakes, to taste.