Mexican Street Corn Avocado Boats
|Prep Time: 5 min||Cook Time: 20 min|
|Servings: 4||Skill Level: easy|
These adorable and tasty boats make a nutritious snack or light meal in the summer months when sweet corn is in season.
- 1 large sweet corn cob, shucked
- 1/4 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus more limes for garnish
- 1 ounce cotija cheese, queso fresco, or crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup Pearls or Early California Black Ripe Olives
- 2 large, ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Sprinkle chili powder
- Optional: tortilla chips and lime wedges, for serving
- Grill or steam the corn, let cool, and cut off the cob.
- In a small bowl, stir together the crema and lime juice.
- Arrange the avocado halves on a plate or platter. Top each half with sweet corn, cotija cheese, and sliced black olives. Drizzle the crema over the top and sprinkle with chili powder and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips and lime wedges.