This is a mufaletta that’s easy to make for a crowd or a picnic. Enjoy with a side of Pearls Olives To Go! to enhance the olive flavor.
For the Tapenade:
- ½ cup Pearls Specialties Garlic-Stuffed Olives, minced
- ½ cup Pearls or Early California Black Ripe Olives, minced
- 1/3 cup roasted red pepper strips from a jar, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon each salt & pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
For the Sandwich:
- 1 large baguette
- 2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¼ pound thinly sliced mortadella
- ¼ pound thinly sliced salami
- ¼ pound thinly sliced capicola or prosciutto
- ¼ pound sliced provolone
- In a medium bowl, toss together the minced olives, roasted red peppers, celery, shallots, capers, parsley, and garlic.
- Add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and toss to combine.
- Spread mayonnaise over both faces of the baguette. Top one half with ¼-1/2 cup of the tapenade, to taste. Layer mortadella, provolone, salami, provolone, capicola, and another ¼-1/2 cup of the tapenade, reserving extra tapenade for another use. Top with other half of the baguette and slice into four sandwiches.