Pesto Pull-Apart Pinwheels
|Prep Time: 60 min||Cook Time: 30 min|
|Servings: 4||Skill Level: medium|
For when you are craving something cheesy, herbaceous, and delicious. A twist on the classic “cinnamon roll” – these savory treats are laminated with a basil & olive pesto. The Pearls Blue Cheese Stuffed Specialties stuffed olives give the mix a buttery, nutty and cheesy taste.
Recipe and image attributed by Chef Joe Sasto
- 1bunch basil
- 1bunch parsley
- 1jar Pearls Blue Cheese Stuffed Specialties Olives
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4tb olive oil
- 1cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2.5 cups (320g) bread flour
- 1 tablespoon (9g) active dry yeast (instant works as well)
- 3/4 teaspoon (3g) fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup (120g) whole milk
- 1/4 cup (60g) granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons (50g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 whole egg + 1 yolk, room temperature
- Chop basil, parsley, olives and garlic roughly for blending
- Place with olive oil, parmesan cheese and lemon into food processor
- Blend all ingredients until consistency of a pesto – the olives give the entire mix a wonderful buttery creaminess
- Mix all ingredients except butter in a mixer on med low for 4 mins.
- Add butter and mix on med low for 5-8 mins until smooth.
- Rest for 10 mins
- Add pesto, punch and roll.
- Using a knife or string, cut into sections
- Proof until doubled in size
- Place in circular cast iron or baking pan
- Bake at 35oF for 25-30 mins