Gooey chunks of halloumi cheese and shishito peppers broiled with garlic stuffed olives and finished with lemon makes a super simple summer starter.
- 5-6 ounces halloumi (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 20 shishito peppers
- 15 Pearls Specialties Garlic Stuffed Olives
- high-heat cooking oil such as canola or spray oil
- lemon wedges
- olive oil
- flaky sea salt
- black pepper
- If using wooden skewers, cover them in warm water and soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler and position a rack 5-6 inches from the heat source (if applicable).
- Thread the peppers, halloumi, and olives onto skewers.
- Brush or spray the skewers lightly with the oil and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Place under the broiler and cook for 2-4 minutes until the cheese is golden and the peppers are lightly charred, watching them closely to prevent burning.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle with lemon, olive oil, salt, and pepper and serve hot.