Caper and Olive Chicken
|Prep Time: 30 min||Cook Time: 10 min|
|Servings: 4||Skill Level: medium|
This dish combines bright and briny flavors in every savory, Mediterranean bite.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 skin-on, boneless chicken breast halves
- ¼ teaspoon each salt & pepper, or to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, slivered
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- Juice of one lemon
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 jar Pearls Specialties Garlic Stuffed Olives
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Generously sprinkle the salt and pepper all over the chicken breasts.
- In a cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken, skin-side down, and cook until the skin is brown and crispy, 5-7 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate skin side up.
- In the same pan, add the garlic and capers, and cook, stirring, until the garlic begins to lightly brown, about 1 minute. Add the wine, lemon juice, fresh thyme, and olives and stir. Nestle the chicken into the pan, skin side up and bake 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve as is or over a bed of pasta.