Crispy potato slices that taste like your favorite pepperoni pizza – what could be better? Serve these tasty bites at your next party for a crowd-pleasing starter.
- 2 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed
- Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
- ¼ cup marinara sauce
- 3 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 20 slices of pepperoni, quartered
- ½ cup Pearls Large Ripe Black Olives, sliced
- Handful basil leaves, torn if large
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the potatoes into ¼-inch thick rounds. Place in a bowl of cool water for 15-20 minutes to draw out the starches – this will help them crisp up in the oven.
- Drain the potatoes well and pat them dry. Brush both sides lightly with olive oil and place on the baking sheet. Bake until golden on the first side, 10-15 minutes. Flip and bake until golden on the second side, 5-10 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top each potato round with sauce, cheese, pepperoni, and olives.
- Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is bubbling, 5-10 minutes. Optionally place under a broiler for 30 seconds to brown the cheese.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Top with a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of pepper flakes, and the basil leaves. Serve right away.