This colorful summer salad goes great with most meals. Just add some corn in with the juicy olives and you’re good to go.
- 5 cups roasted corn kernels
- 1 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, cup very thinly sliced and quartered
- 2 cups Pearls or Early California Black Ripe Olives (one can), drained and cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, finely cut in a chiffonade
- Juice of two limes
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Zest of one lime
- 1 avocado, cut into thin slices
- Combine the first six ingredients in large bowl and mix gently.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jar and set aside.
- Add dressing and toss. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Garnish with fresh lime zest, and avocado slices.