Recipe created in partnership with Feel Good Foodie/Yumna Jawad. Yumna writes:
“Sometimes my recipes aren’t really new; just about making a good thing even better — and that’s the philosophy behind Pearls Olives. Adding Pearls Sliced California Black Ripe Olives seriously takes my sheet pan pizza recipe to another level. There’s no bitterness because of the unique California curing process. Instead, you get a smooth and savory flavor that’s so easy to incorporate into existing, comforting and fun meals like this one!”
- ½ pound prepared pizza dough
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 2-ounce can Pearls Sliced California Black Ripe Olives
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes sliced
- ½ cup chopped basil plus more for serving
- Allow the dough to sit for 20 minutes covered at room temperature. Then roll out the dough to approximately 9 x 13 inches – the size of a quarter sheet pan.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F and position the oven rack in the upper 1/3 position.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the sheet plan, and gently press the dough into the oiled pan. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the dough. Spread the sauce on top, then add the mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes and basil.
- Bake the pizza into the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until the crust is golden and the cheese has melted. Top the pizza with fresh basil and crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.