These sweet potato nachos are the perfect weekend treat. Packed with protein, carbohydrates and healthy fats, they can be served as a meal or a snack.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes (about 1 large or 2 small) scrubbed, sliced into 3/8-inch rounds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil (or other neutral vegetable oil)
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- A few turns of black pepper
- ½ cup cooked black beans from a can, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup packed shredded jack cheese
- 1 cup Pearls Specialties Jalapeno Stuffed Olives, sliced into rounds
- Optional toppings: sour cream, tomato salsa, cilantro, diced avocado, crumbled queso fresco or feta, finely chopped red onion, lime wedges
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Toss the slices sweet potatoes with the oil, salt, and pepper and spread on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer. Bake until golden and tender, 20-25 minutes, turning the pieces over once or twice so they brown evenly.
- Pile the potato rounds in the center so that they’re overlapping, then scatter the jack cheese and beans over the top. Return to the oven to melt the cheese and heat the beans through, 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with the remaining toppings and a squeeze of lime juice, and serve immediately.