Impress your guests with this easy and hearty main dish that looks fancy but is super simple to make!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese
- ½ cup Pearls Sliced Black Olives
- 2 cans (8 oz) refrigerated crescent rolls (8 count each)
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Pearls Sliced Black Olives
- Sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a rimless cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat the oil in a wide skillet set over medium heat. When it shimmers, add the beef. Cook, stirring occasionally, until brown, 3-5 minutes. Add the paprika, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and water and continue cooking until the liquid has thickened and the meat is cooked through, another 3-5 minutes.
- Scrape the meat into a bowl, let cool slightly, then stir in the cheese and olives.
- Remove the crescent rolls from their packages and separate into 16 triangles. Fan out the triangles on the lined cookie sheet with the wide ends facing the center and forming a 5-inch ring and the dough pieces overlapping. The ends of the triangles will point outwards and look like a sun.
- Spoon the beef mixture over the half of each triangle closest to center of ring.
- Fold the tip of each triangle over the meat and secure each one under the wide edge in the center of the ring. Some of the filling will peek through.
- Bake the crescent ring until the dough is golden and the filling is hot, 20-25 minutes. Slide the crescent ring onto a serving board. Fill in the center with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, Pearls Sliced Black Olives, guacamole, and sour cream. Cut into wedges to serve.