Penne Pasta with Fire-Roasted Tomatoes, Pearls Olives, and Goat Cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
1/4 tsp red chili flakes
1 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup fire roasted tomatoes, coarsely chopped (recipe follows)
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
1/4 cup olives, coarsely chopped
2 cups penne pasta, cooked al dente
10-12 whole olives
3 lg roasted tomato wedges
1 tsp fresh herb garnish
7 chunks goat cheese, walnut sized chunks
1. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over high heat.
2. Add garlic, onion and red chili flakes and cook until onion turns golden.
3. Add roasted tomatoes, salt, oregano and chopped olives. Toss and bring to a simmer.
4. Add pasta and toss to coat evenly.
5. Place in pasta bowl.
6. Garnish with roasted tomato wedges, whole (or sliced) olives, fresh herbs and goat cheese.
Fire Roasted Tomatoes:
1. Stem and core tomatoes. Cut tomatoes lengthwise into wedges.
2. Grill on high heat skin side down until skin is slightly blackened.
3. Reserve best looking wedges for garnish.