Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs with Fall Veggies & Olives
|Prep Time: 20 min||Cook Time: 50 min|
|Servings: 4||Skill Level: easy|
This cozy one-dish meal is perfect for fall. Easy enough for weeknights but pretty enough for effortless entertaining!
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Chicken and Veggies:
- 4 medium-sized bone-in skin-on chicken thighs (about 1 ½ pounds)
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and cut into 8 wedges with the root end still attached
- 4 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 cup Pearls Kalamata olives
- 4 cups torn radicchio leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon good balsamic vinegar or balsamic reduction
- In a shallow bowl or container, whisk together the marinade ingredients. Add the chicken thighs, turning to coat them in the marinade. Let sit at room temperature for 30-40 minutes or refrigerate longer, up to overnight.
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 425ºF.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade and place them on the baking sheet, reserving the marinade for the next step.
- Place the squash and red onion in a large bowl. Pour the marinade over the vegetables and toss to coat. Arrange the vegetables around the chicken in an even layer.
- Bake until the chicken thighs are golden and register 165ºF on an instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone, 30-40 minutes.
- Remove the chicken thighs to a small baking sheet and set aside. Give the squash a stir. If it needs more time, return the pan to the oven and roast for 10-20 more minutes until tender and golden.