There are no rules – cast-iron pizza is great both indoors & outdoors and can be baked out on a grill, or in your regular oven. Top home made or store bought pizza dough with a home made Italian Sausage and California Grown Black Ripe Olives for added buttery richness.
@chef.joe.sasto for recipe creation and image attribution
- 1lb Pizza Dough (store bought or homemade)
- Jar of pizza sauce or 2 cups of home made Marinara sauce.
- 1 can Sliced Black Ripe Olives or whole olives, sliced.
- Fresh basil leaves or other toppings of choice.
- Mozzarella or Ricotta Salata cheese to top
- 1lbs ground pork shoulder
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1tsp dried thyme
- 1tsp chile flake
- 1clove garlic, grated
- 2Tb red wine, ice cold
- 1tsp salt
- 1/4tsp sugar
- 1tsp coarsely ground & toasted fennel seed
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on high with the paddle to emulsify.
- Top your ready to bake pizza dough with the raw sausage, olives, cheese, and any other desired toppings. Bake at 375-400F for 20-30min or on low on an outside grill for 20 mins.