Crescent Roll Pull-Apart Christmas Tree
|Prep Time: 10 min||Cook Time: 20 min|
|Servings: 12||Skill Level: easy|
This festive wintertime treat makes a pretty appetizer for holiday parties!
- 2 (8-ounce) packages crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons pesto (store-bought or homemade)
- ½ cup Pearls Simply Green olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives or parsley
- 6 pimento stuffed olives, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a rimless cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and place on a cutting board. Cut each one in half lengthwise to make 32 smaller triangles.
- Place ¼ teaspoon of pesto on the short end of the dough and top with ½ teaspoon chopped olives. Roll up into a small crescent.
- Build the tree: First build the trunk by placing two crescents next to each other, touching, long-ways near one end of the parchment. Place two more crescents above them. Place a row of seven crescents above them, then add rows of six, five, four, three, two, and finally one crescent to make a triangle shape.
- Bake the crescents until golden, 15-20 minutes. Slide the parchment and tree onto a serving board and brush all over with the melted butter. Sprinkle with the chives, then decorate with the pimento olive ornaments and serve warm or at room temperature.