Here’s a quick, inexpensive, and easy vegetarian dish that tastes like your favorite fast food taco. And you’ll never miss the meat!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups Pearls or Early California Sliced Black Ripe Olives
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 taco shells, heated
- 1 1/2 cups prepared guacamole
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- Optional: hot sauce or salsa
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add sliced olives, reserving about 1/4 cup for topping the tacos. Sauté until hot. Add the taco seasoning and water, and stir to combine. Continue to cook until most of the water is absorbed.
- To assemble your tacos, spoon some of the seasoned olives into the bottom of a warm taco shell and top with the guacamole, lettuce, cheese and tomatoes. Then top off with a few sliced olives. Hot sauce or salsa is optional, Serve immediately.